Phil Ivey verklagt Full Tilt Poker und boykottiert WSOP 2011

• jaquesack
      jaquesack
      Bronze
      http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/05/phil-ivey-suing-tiltware-boycotting-the-2011-wsop-10501.htm

Als Video: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid69161682001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAFwP6oQ~,knsiPG9otGYNH8pipKmltyc1_6l_X2QZ&bclid=10005954001&bctid=969990441001

http://www.philivey.com/

QuadJacks-Radio: http://www.quadjacks.com/radio/

For many years, I have been proud to call myself a poker player. This great sport has taken me to places I only imagined going and I have been blessed with much success. It is therefore with deep regret that I believe I am compelled to release the following statement.

I am deeply disappointed and embarrassed that Full Tilt players have not been paid money they are owed. I am equally embarrassed that as a result many players cannot compete in tournaments and have suffered economic harm.

I am not playing in the World Series of Poker as I do not believe it is fair that I compete when others cannot. I am doing everything I can to seek a solution to the problem as quickly as possible.

My name and reputation have been dragged through the mud, through the inactivity and indecision of others and on behalf of all poker players I refuse to remain silent any longer. I have electronically filed a lawsuit against Tiltware related to the unsettled player accounts. As I am sure the public can imagine, this was not an easy decision for me.

I wholeheartedly refuse to accept non-action as to repayment of players funds and I am angered that people who have supported me throughout my career have been treated so poorly.

I sincerely hope this statement will ignite those capable of resolving the problems into immediate action and would like to clarify that until a solution is reached that cements the security of all players, both US and International, I will, as I have for the last six weeks, dedicate the entirety of my time and efforts to finding a solution for those who have been wronged by the painfully slow process of repayment.

Original von J. Gary Wise
      So, before I go to sleep, a few quick thoughts on this.

1) It’s an admirable way to do business. Ivey has a lot at stake at the WSOP, including a reported $5 million in bracelet bets (many of them with people at TiltWare. I’m guessing he’s declared said bets null and void somehow) and a lot of brand growth/exposure opportunity. The man’s on the brink of the all-time bracelet discussion and the .77 bracelets per year he’s been winning since 2002 could only add to that, so good for him.

2) He’s putting a lot of friendships in jeopardy. He’s done business and camaraderie with the TiltWare people for a long time. He’s become a man in their company in those years since the business formed and found his success with them. Those are hard people to alienate in anyone’s life.

3) This is one hell of a savvy PR move and deprives Ivey one hell of a lot of headache.

There are aspects of the statement that don’t ring entirely true. His word (as confirmed to me by Brian Balsbaugh) said “I will, as I have for the last six weeks, dedicate the entirety of my time and efforts to finding a solution for those who have been wronged by the painfully slow process of repayment.” Are we to believe Phil’s been depriving himself the pleasures of the craps table, his room at Aria and the assorted luxuries of his life as he works tirelessly to return the monies owed to players? That if he did give all that up, it wasn’t at least in part because the only things waiting for him in those places were awkwardness and constant confrontation? He seems like a pretty stand up guy, but I don’t think so.

No, while I think Phil legitimately feels badly about the situation and has grounds for the lawsuit, I think in part, there was recognition that there was a long series ahead. We saw tonight the reception the FTP poster guys are going to get at WSOP. PokerNews reported that James Bord waited around for John Juanda to give the latter a verbal reaming and threaten him bodily harm. I’m guessing no one–even the mighty Ivey–is immune to that kind of treatment when emotions are running so damn high.

Phil Ivey is human just like everyone else, though obviously more calculating. In one swift motion, he distanced himself from the guys who are taking the heat, made himself look like the selfless hero and avoided what looks to be a pretty miserable series existence. I’m not saying I have a problem with any of that; I just think we need to keep all that in perspective before we call him lord and savior. Let’s see if he shows up at Aria before we do that.
  • 318 Antworten
    • wunderfab
      wunderfab
      Black
      wow, sick!?
    • keevo
      keevo
      Black
      sick
    • itSmIn3z
      itSmIn3z
      Black
      krass, aber ob das was bewirkt.... und neue infos liefert er ja auch nicht...
    • Seraphius
      Seraphius
      Bronze
      Man kann jemanden verklagen, weil er einem Dritten etwas schuldig bleibt? Wusste garnicht, dass das möglich ist.

Oder geht es bei der Klage nur um seine eigene Kohle? Wäre seltsam, wenn er als Anteileigner und Mitgründer, die nicht bekommen würde.
    • HockeyTobi
      HockeyTobi
      Bronze
      Original von Seraphius
      Man kann jemanden verklagen, weil er einem Dritten etwas schuldig bleibt? Wusste garnicht, dass das möglich ist.

Oder geht es bei der Klage nur um seine eigene Kohle? Wäre seltsam, wenn er als Anteileigner und Mitgründer, die nicht bekommen würde.
      Bei uns weiß ich nicht, ob das geht, aber die Amis können doch alles und jeden verklagen.

Weiß aber ehrlich gesagt noch nicht, was ich davon halten soll und ob ich das so gut finde. Krass ist es auf jeden Fall
    • jaquesack
      jaquesack
      Bronze
      Das dicke Ding ist eben, dass von den ganzen FullTilt-Pros und Team-Pro Membern jetzt gerade Phil Ivey das Schweigen bricht und sich gegen seinen (wahrscheinlich bald ehemaligen) Arbeitgeber und quasi gegen sein eigenes Unternehmen wendet.

Ich glaube man kann sagen, dass Ivey in der US-Community gerade von "Jesus" zu "Gott" aufgestiegen ist.

Darauf haben sehr viele Leute seit ca. 6 Wochen gewartet.
    • Fivetrees
      Fivetrees
      Bronze
      wow die lage scheint schlechter zu sein als man vermuten konnte oder warum geht ivey an die öffentlichkeit?

sick
    • Jakoebchen
      Jakoebchen
      Bronze
      Original von Fivetrees
      wow die lage scheint schlechter zu sein als man vermuten konnte oder warum geht ivey an die öffentlichkeit?

sick
      Das dachte ich auch grade, besonders das Timing wirkt für mich eher wie ein bewusstes Distanzieren.
    • jaquesack
      jaquesack
      Bronze
      Bin mal gespannt, wann Dwan nachzieht.
    • jaquesack
      jaquesack
      Bronze
      Daniel Negreanu JETZT auf QuadJacks-Radio zum Thema:

http://www.quadjacks.com/radio/
    • tischtitan
      tischtitan
      Bronze
      sick... auch irgendwie sehr solidarisch anderen spielern gegenüber
    • keevo
      keevo
      Black
      Original von jaquesack
      Daniel Negreanu JETZT auf QuadJacks-Radio zum Thema:

http://www.quadjacks.com/radio/
      thx
    • ArtVandelay
      ArtVandelay
      Bronze
      James Bord was dispensed by David "Bakes" Baker a few minutes ago to end his day early, but he lurked around long enough for John Juanda to win his match at another table. From what we gather, Bord had made a comment earlier in the day, and Juanda waited until his match was over to continue the conversation. When he asked Bord what the problem was, the Brit went off.

It all happened right near our desk, and it was Bord doing most of the yelling. We heard, "You're a thieving prick," "you're a disgrace", and "you're a fake and disgusting human being," among other things. Juanda was trying to get a word in edgewise, but Bord wasn't giving him space. Finally, the words came that ended the altercation. "If I see you in the parking lot, I'm going to beat your ass," Bord announced.

"Floor!" Juanda called, and both the floor staff and security were there immediately. The two men had to be separated, and the staff members took both men out of the room to settle the problem in a more appropriate spot."

Ich glaube dasselbe Schicksal will Ivey als Pokerikone sich ersparen. Es ist halt zur Zeit nicht leicht ein Mitglied im Team Full Tilt zu sein. Zu Recht!
    • XuNiL86
      XuNiL86
      Bronze
      Das nenn ich mal eine richtig feine Sache...

Eigentlich könnte es ihm ja egal sein aber dadurch sieht man, dass er sich auch für andere einsetzt.

Respekt an den Herrn Ivey! :)

EDIT: Hab ich was falsch verstanden? Ivey setzt sich doch für spieler ein die ihr Geld nicht bekommen haben!?
    • Jakoebchen
      Jakoebchen
      Bronze
      Original von XuNiL86
      Das nenn ich mal eine richtig feine Sache...

Eigentlich könnte es ihm ja egal sein aber dadurch sieht man, dass er sich auch für andere einsetzt.

Respekt an den Herrn Ivey! :)
      this not

Original von ArtVandelay
      Ich glaube dasselbe Schicksal will Ivey als Pokerikone sich ersparen. Es ist halt zur Zeit nicht leicht ein Mitglied im Team Full Tilt zu sein. Zu Recht!
      this :)

Wobei Ivey ist cool, vielleicht ein bisschen von beidem. Aber ich meine was solls bringen jetzt zu klagen? Das kann nur zwei Sachen bedeuten: Entweder kann FT auszahlen, aber will nicht. Dann wärs gut, aber wirklich, das will ich erstmal nicht annehmen :D .

Oder FT kann wirklich einfach nicht. Was solls dann bringen außer den eigenen Arsch aus der Schusslinie bringen?
    • jaquesack
      jaquesack
      Bronze
      Original von ArtVandelay
      James Bord was dispensed by David "Bakes" Baker a few minutes ago to end his day early, but he lurked around long enough for John Juanda to win his match at another table. From what we gather, Bord had made a comment earlier in the day, and Juanda waited until his match was over to continue the conversation. When he asked Bord what the problem was, the Brit went off.

It all happened right near our desk, and it was Bord doing most of the yelling. We heard, "You're a thieving prick," "you're a disgrace", and "you're a fake and disgusting human being," among other things. Juanda was trying to get a word in edgewise, but Bord wasn't giving him space. Finally, the words came that ended the altercation. "If I see you in the parking lot, I'm going to beat your ass," Bord announced.

"Floor!" Juanda called, and both the floor staff and security were there immediately. The two men had to be separated, and the staff members took both men out of the room to settle the problem in a more appropriate spot."

Hat laut DN, der Juanda gut kennt, nicht viel mit der Full Tilt Geschichte zutun sondern basiert eher auf persönlicher Feindseligkeit.
    • XuNiL86
      XuNiL86
      Bronze
      Muss es nochmal schreiben da mein EDIT vielleicht überlesen wird.
      Würde das gerne wissen!

EDIT: Hab ich was falsch verstanden? Ivey setzt sich doch für spieler ein die ihr Geld nicht bekommen haben!?
    • PdaKing
      PdaKing
      Bronze
      Original von XuNiL86
      Muss es nochmal schreiben da mein EDIT vielleicht überlesen wird.
      Würde das gerne wissen!

ja tut er :)
    • fyhob
      fyhob
      Bronze
      Man könnte da aber auch reininterpretieren, dass Ivey von irgendwas großem Wind bekommen hat, dass ihn veranlasst sich vorzeitig öffentlich von fullTilt zu distanzieren. Er nutzt dabei halt die Chance sich gleich zietig als Peoples Champion zu gerieren, das kann auf keinen Fall schaden.

Mir wird's ganz schummerig. Wenn meine FT Roll tod ist kotz ich, 5 digits im A... Ich krieg die Krise.