Someone tell me where to put this post then please

• jamier22
      jamier22
      Einsteiger
      Hiya,

Great forums you have here, very active. Not so sure about the moderation.

My post was recently closed:

Looking for English-speaking accountant in Germany

That's fine if it isn't where its supposed to be. But where should it be? You say that it's in the improper forum, but I see no forum for taxes/legal issues. (Granted this could be an error w/ my browser translating the German poorly). However, the definition of general is that which has no specific area. I think this qualifies since I see no specific area. I'm sorry that it was in English, but I am an ex-US player now playing in Germany. I am still learning German and I think anyone reading these forums speaks better English than I do German.

I'd appreciate it greatly if someone could help my post find a spot where it can receive some responses. I'll even give 50 euros to the first mod who gets it there. I am willybeer22 on Pokerstars. Just PM me (if I can PM it appears I cannot yet) and I will be happy to ship you the cash once my post has been answered. I am just trying to do the right thing and find out what my tax/legal liabilities are as a professional poker player in Germany. This seems the best venue to pursue that.

Thanks,

-will
  • 6 Antworten
    • Play4forlife
      Play4forlife
      Bronze
      Hey will,

your thread was most likely closed because you offered payment for taxadvice which makes it a commercial offer of some kind. This is forbidden by forumrules but you couldn´t know that.

I sincerely hope that the moderation will find a place to put your thread and that you will find help as you seem really to need it.
      Unfortunately I myself can´t help you with that. But I guess you are undergoing the same taxes as we Germans do (as I said, don´t take that as certain).

I guess you already googled for what you are searching otherwise I´d say thats the first thing you should do. Also you can check the phonebook and look for a "Steuerberater", call him and ask if his english is good enough to maybe help you out.

What I would also recommen is that you edit your post and erase the moneypart because otherwise it´s most likely going to be closed again.

Good luck.
    • jamier22
      jamier22
      Einsteiger
      Actually I offered no cash in the first post. I just asked if anyone could recommend an accountant :) . I offered cash in this post because I want results and I think someone made a mistake. There is no legal/tax section so General poker is appropriate. I did not offer any money for the advice I just asked what people thought.

-will
    • Play4forlife
      Play4forlife
      Bronze
      Original von jamier22
      Actually I offered no cash in the first post. I just asked if anyone could recommend an accountant :) . I offered cash in this post because I want results and I think someone made a mistake. There is no legal/tax section so General poker is appropriate. I did not offer any money for the advice I just asked what people thought.

-will
      I meant the "I'll even give 50 euros to the first mod who gets it there." part in this thread and in the closed thread the "Also if any of you happen to have a very comfortable understanding of the tax situation us poker players face here in Germany then I would be happy to pay you for some advice." part.

I´m sure you made that just to get help faster but it counts as commercial/request so therefor I´d really delete that part in this thread just to make sure.
      There were btw two posters in your first thread that mentioned some places to go.
    • jamier22
      jamier22
      Einsteiger
      Ahh, yes you are correct missed that part in the first post. I guess that is a fairly blatant commercial request :) .

As for the 2 references that managed to get in, thanks to both of those people. Very helpful. I would also love to talk to some people who have experience/recommendations w/ smaller more local accountants.

-will
    • Maniax
      Maniax
      Bronze
      Hey Will,

poker and taxes are a big legal greyzone in germany right now. What adds to that is that you're an expat, so this doesn't make it any clearer. Right now I would maybe call your consulate and ask if they have some council for you and if it is only to recommend you an accountant that knows the ins and outs. Chances are you're getting fucked over if you don't get one.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey mate,

as HockeyTobi explained, this is the German speaking community, which is one of the reasons your thread was closed. As for the correct section, I suppose this one is the one you're looking for: http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1706

Normally we don't allow threads in languages other than German on the forums, but as you probably won't find help in the other language communities, we'll make an exception here. I've re-opened the thread, removed the bits that weren't in line with our forum principles and moved it to the correct section.

Regards,

Hadi