laut partypoker gibt es gar keinen doomswitch!? [tl;dr]

• alexd841
      alexd841
      Bronze
      cliff notes: ich bitte partypoker darum, den doomswitch den sie mir für das erstellen eines neuen Screennamen auferlegt haben zu deaktivieren. party behauptet es gäbe weder rakeback noch doomswitch dafür aber sehr wohl die sich selbst erfüllende prophezeiung ?(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ----- Original Message -----
      To: bonus@partypoker.com
      Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 1:22 PM
      Subject: doomswitch

Dear PartyPoker-Team,

yesterday, in a brief moment of ingeniousness, I changed my beloved screenname, which served me well for 180 wonderful days of poker, to a new, creative and funny alias so the many would-like tight aggressive donks playing at your tables would no longer be able to recognize me as one of their most feared combatants (hihihi).

Yet, I did not keep in mind your genius intentions of taking over the world one day by your evil yet brilliant plan of accumulating as much rake as possible. I do understand that in order to do so, you need to stab better players in the back by letting worse players hit their 2outers, and I am not complaining - I respect that.

My complaint however is that you keep activating the doomswitch everytime after a - to the player (me) - motivating action, precisely cash-outs or the change of my screenname (I really was motivated to play a lot, but a look at my pokertracker statistic already kills any joy).

I am not asking for an excuse. I would of course appreciate a nice bonus offering. But what I am really asking for is the deactivation of my doomswitch for let's say the next 25k hands? That would make playing with my new screenname yet so much more awesome. Just imagine how emotionally stable a player ist after a nice run with their new super-cool screenname (a little dooming here and there some time later would of course be acceptable then).

I am sure you understand my concerns and will do the best to stasify my needs as your customer. Please do not respond to this email with one your pre-written standard emails since I have read enough of those.

With best regards,

Alexander

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      To: Alex
      Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:11 PM
      Subject: Response from Party Poker Customer Care (KMM380059I22153L0KM)

Dear Player,
      Thank you for contacting Party Poker Customer Care.
      We are glad you are enjoying our 'Change screen name' option. However, we regret to inform you that our site does not provide rake-back options. We hope that this minor setback would not stop a great player like yourself from exercising his skills on our tables.
      Please do not hesitate in contacting us if you have other questions.
      Have a nice day and thank you for choosing Party Poker!
      Alex,

To: bonus@partypoker.com
      Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:14 PM
      Subject: Re: Response from Party Poker Customer Care (KMM380059I22153L0KM)

Dear Alex (hey, we have the same neame, hurray) or dear other Partypoker Customer Care employee,

it seems like you did not quite understand the message I was trying to get to you in my former email.

I was not asking for rakeback in any way. What I was asking for however, was the deactivation of the doomswitch you turned on with the change of my screenname. Since your reply did not concern my request whatsoever, I am pretty much convinced you have not done so yet. I would very, very much appreciate if you did me the favour. Please get back to me as soon as you have taken care of this little inconvenience so I can start playing at your great site again.

I don't like to do this but at this point I do have to ask for an individual non pre-written raply again. I am just too afraid your standard replies will put me on ubertilt like they have done quite often in the past.

Thank you, you guys rock!

With best regars,
      Alexander

To: "Alex" <myemail>
      Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:39 PM
      Subject: Response from Party Poker.com (KMM381568I22153L0KM)

Dear Alexander,

Thank you for your email regarding 'DOOMswitch'!!

Superstition has it's presence felt in the games where luck in involved.

It is natural to try and find an explanation, such as -I always lose in Seat 3, orI always have bad luck right after a cashout, but I can promise you, there is no Doomswitch. While it is frustrating, reality dictates that a streak of bad luck will hit just about every gambler at some point in their life. There is no way for a gaming site, PartyPoker included, to predetermine or control these types of things.

There is a self-fulfilling prophecy indicating if you believe in something too much you will act accordingly whenever you are in that situation. For instance if you feel you always lose in Seat 3 the prophecy says you will unconsciously play worse because you expect to lose. We are sure, if you keep playing your natural game, irrespective
      of any short living perceptions, you will find yourself in winning streak.

Don't hesitate to contact us again though, if we can help in anyway.

Good luck, Aaron
      Customer Services

To: <bonus@partypoker.com>
      Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:43 PM
      Subject: Re: Response from Party Poker.com (KMM381568I22153L0KM)

yea, but does this mean you switched it off?

To: "Alex" <myemail>
      Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 7:02 PM
      Subject: Response from Party Poker.com (KMM381620I22153L0KM)

Dear Alexander,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please refer back to the email below from my colleague, we can assure you there is no magic switch that we have and flick up and down when a player comes to a table.

We can see from your stats that you are a very good player and we wish you continued luck on our tables.

In case you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

NOTE: Your PartyAccount username and password are confidential information. No one from the company will ever ask for your password in a phone call or email. Do not respond to any requests that ask for your password.

Kind Regards,

Rachael
      PartyPoker Customer Care
  • 22 Antworten