[SNG] HUHT readless strategy

• Kriegphilosopher
      Kriegphilosopher
      Bronze
      hi,

I would like to discuss about default strategy of one solid reg which has readless playstyle wholy different beside mine.

Vilian is ex PSGY czech komunity coach, 2,3% ROI, AV stake 35s... I know him, he don´t know me but in the time of battle I had on sharkscope somethink like AV stake 10s, ROI 1%, ITM 51%, count 4K. I run bellow ev but in his eyes I was propably random week exploitable regular.

I played with him only 2 sngs and there were only 3 postflop spots where we had seen the turn and all these 3 hands gone to a showdowns which suprised me.

the first hands:

MR Q5 :spade: :spade: , hero calls
      flop Q :heart: 5 :diamond: 4 :heart:
      hero checks, vilian checks

what do you think about that? I would standartly bet 2bb

next differently played spot beside my preferencies:

vilian minraises A :heart: 8 :spade: , hero calls
      flop 7 :heart: 2 :club: 9 :club:
      check-check
      turn Q :club:
      check-check
      river 8 :heart:
      check-check

In the previous spot I probed turn and beted river with an air so I understand why he (propably) had a plan to call turn probe and reevaluate a river. But look at the river, I have no Qx and 9x there so he has pure value bet there from my weeker pairs... what do you think he had a reason for check?

last spot

PokerStars - $14.69+$0.31|15/30 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 18.67 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 53.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
      Hero (SB): 14.67 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8:club: T:heart:

Hero calls 0.5 BB, BB checks

Flop: (2 BB, 2 players) K:spade: J:spade: 8:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (2 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets 1 BB, BB calls 1 BB

River: (4 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows J:club: 7:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 58%, Flop 77%, Turn 89%)
      Hero mucks 8:club: T:heart: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 42%, Flop 23%, Turn 11%)
      BB wins 4 BB

don´t you know what was my percieved range that he checks the turn? could be there reason he don´t want to see the club river after called turn lead? (I think in this spot regulars bluffing flop, checking back mostly SD value and fishes are able to check back even TP) - so either he thinks I´m total fish :f_p: or he thinks something another about population tendencies than me, what do you think about that?

that´s all, meybe he wants to see many showdowns to earn reads and than exploit that. But bc. in the case of A8o he would see showdown very often after river bet (ye I would c/fold 7x there against 1/2 pot bet, but majority of those week 1% roi regs not) so I´m not sure what is his strategy.

My default strategy is directly agressive, bet bet bet in general, push up non-showdown line high, exploit population tendencies ´cause they are declining match repeat and...ye, he is much better than me and his strategy seems to be different so I want to learn something and know your opinion

Thank you very much for your time ;-)
  • 1 Antwort