Small Stack Strategie

• diemaren
      diemaren
      Bronze
      Small Stack Strategy *Part 1* :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

I've recently heared of the Small Ball strategy. I've seen Daniel Negreanu playing it in some High Stacks Poker Episodes and read an article of him about it in the internet. I was fascinated by the idea of putting most of the gambling out of my game. As Small Ball is about risking less but playing more/seeing more flops.
      You can play Small Ball in Tournaments or even better in Cash Games. It's important to have a big stack because u have to put pressure on your opponents all the time. The key is knowing when you can beat your opponent and when you can not beat him and have to lay your hand down, not risking all your money in marginal hands/draws...

By puttin little money in them you can win many small pots and accumulate money.

Because you are puttin preasure on your opponents all the time and betting all the time your opponents will think you're a maniac. What you're not, because you are not risking much money on marginal hands. That way if you got a decent hand and you keep playing your Small Ball style your opponents will remember your lose play and will bluff you or raise you with a smaller hand then yours and you can win a lot of money by knowing you have the best hand.

When you play Small Ball you wanne see many flops as cheap as possible. You must have some experience in post-flop play. Many beginners play Small Stack strategy because they want to take away the advantage better players have in post-flop play. But as a Small Ball player you don't want to risk all your chips/money on a coinflip. You want to outplay the weaker players after the flop. Thats what makes you a better Poker Player then most of the others. You just can't count on having good cards all the time.

This was my first article about Small Ball. Please tell me what you think of it. I'm trying to play Small Ball on 0,05$/0,10$ NL Hold'em Cash Game tables now. I've already earned some money with it.

In the second part that will follow in some hours, i will tell you how to play Small Ball in example.
  • 5 Antworten
    • Face12
      Face12
      Black
      1. small ball
      2. NL 10
      3. ??????
      4. Lifetilt
    • mosl3m
      mosl3m
      Bronze
      Original von diemaren
      Small Stack Strategy *Part 1* :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

I've recently heared of the Small Ball strategy. I've seen Daniel Negreanu playing it in some High Stacks Poker Episodes and read an article of him about it in the internet. I was fascinated by the idea of putting most of the gambling out of my game. As Small Ball is about risking less but playing more/seeing more flops.
      You can play Small Ball in Tournaments or even better in Cash Games. It's important to have a big stack because u have to put pressure on your opponents all the time. The key is knowing when you can beat your opponent and when you can not beat him and have to lay your hand down, not risking all your money in marginal hands/draws...

By puttin little money in them you can win many small pots and accumulate money.

Because you are puttin preasure on your opponents all the time and betting all the time your opponents will think you're a maniac. What you're not, because you are not risking much money on marginal hands. That way if you got a decent hand and you keep playing your Small Ball style your opponents will remember your lose play and will bluff you or raise you with a smaller hand then yours and you can win a lot of money by knowing you have the best hand.

When you play Small Ball you wanne see many flops as cheap as possible. You must have some experience in post-flop play. Many beginners play Small Stack strategy because they want to take away the advantage better players have in post-flop play. But as a Small Ball player you don't want to risk all your chips/money on a coinflip. You want to outplay the weaker players after the flop. Thats what makes you a better Poker Player then most of the others. You just can't count on having good cards all the time.

This was my first article about Small Ball. Please tell me what you think of it. I'm trying to play Small Ball on 0,05$/0,10$ NL Hold'em Cash Game tables now. I've already earned some money with it.

In the second part that will follow in some hours, i will tell you how to play Small Ball in example.
      Small Ball != Short Stack
    • Absti
      Absti
      Bronze
      Small Ball = I lol'd
    • diemaren
      diemaren
      Bronze
      Small Ball is the opposit of Small Stack!!!
    • eldooderino
      eldooderino
      Bronze
      I think one problem with this strategy is, that it relies on your opponents. If you have opponents who are not watching your gameplay, it wont work. If you have a table where opponents are constantly changing, it wont work.

On higher limits with more observing opponents your strategy might get uncovered, thus wont work (or wont be that effective).

If you sit down on a table, you have to "invest" a lot of money for your small "bluffs" before people start falling for your trap. Than you would have to pick up good cards as long as those observing players are still at the table...

Overall, I am not very convinced, though it sounds like a fun thing to try.