0.66 can't connect to database

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Mein Deutsch is sehr slecht so I will continue in English. Reason why I post here is that you seems to look more on the German forums than on the English.

So I installed 0.66 and started it up. I had to create a database so I made a test one named ''Elephantdb'' , i deleted it afterwards but that's not the main issue. Elephant loads up and I get an emtpy graph with Elephantdb. Ok as expected.

Now I want to switch to my real database on PostgreSQL. First Elephant didnt found them but after I entered my PostgreSQL log in etc.etc. Elephant saw them. I clicked on one and wanted to activate it on Database Management. But, nothing happend, I clicked again and again with my Mx518 mouse..

?( What I did is I restarted PostgreSQL service and stuff. Restarted and reinstalled Elephant and try to choose one of my 3 Database hoping to return but I did not manage to return to my regular Database..

Any ways to fix this otherwise Im life-tilting because I just imported all my hands of the limits.. >_>

Danke schön,
      Gerv
  • 2 Antworten
    • cLue
      cLue
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv,

I assume that the postgreSQL service is up and running, otherwise you couldn't connect to the temporary database you created.

But you have to keep in mind, that after you click "activate database" Elephant starts calculating the tatabase cache for the selected database. Depending on the size of the database this action takes several minutes.
      Did you already check the Windows Task Manager for database activity (postgres.exe storage usage)?

cLue
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello cLue,

But you have to keep in mind, that after you click "activate database" Elephant starts calculating the tatabase cache for the selected database. Depending on the size of the database this action takes several minutes.
      When i want to activate a database back in the days, I know when my PC tries to change databases because Elephant screen looks blank and stuff and eventually going back to normal with my new database.

however when I click there, nothing happens, I clicked 33 times on it but nothing happens. My PostgreSQL database activity is fine and is like 1/2 of Elephant.exe (125.823kB) as I have tweaked some settings. The settings are not the cause of this problem.

My mates didnt had any problems with their databases however. But I see this problem as solved since I deleted everything and made a new database despite all time consequences.

Thank you for your response though,

Gerv