non showdown winnings verbessern

• nefarius020101
      nefarius020101
      Bronze
      Hi there!

I'm from Hungary but i post this here because your community is bigger.

What could be the reason behind the very low red line? If you could answer in english it would be better because my ger is quite bad.
      I play nl50 BSS at FTP

any advice appriciated,

thanks a lot

• 5 Antworten
    • schwedet
      schwedet
      Bronze
      you should post some of your stats. would be easier to find leaks...
    • nefarius020101
      nefarius020101
      Bronze
      Original von nefarius020101
      Hi there!

I'm from Hungary but i post this here because your community is bigger.

What could be the reason behind the very low red line? If you could answer in english it would be better because my ger is quite bad.
      I play nl50 BSS at FTP

any advice appriciated,

thanks a lot

edit: my stats: vpip/pfr/3bet/wtsd
      20 / 14/ 3.4 /21
    • Guennilicous
      Guennilicous
      Black
      i'd say : dont post stats or graphs. post a video where you record yourself playing and explaining every thought you have during a hand. this will improve your game a lot more than reading sth like "oh, you gotta increase your 3bet from the CO!".
    • Ghostmaster
      Ghostmaster
      Global
      Your preflop dandselesction doesn't harmonize with your postflop handselection.

short example:

You raise A6o in the CO, BU and SB folds BB calls and the flop ist Ts5h2d. You cbet, BB calls and the turn is 9h.

You have two ways to follow on the with the hand

1. you are a spewbox and doublebarrel because your hand will rarely win at showdown

2. you give up and in most cases BB bets the river and wins the pot uncontested

Way 2 ist the usual way to play these hands.

So now image image you have Ah6h. Suddenly doublebarreling the turn becomes more of a profitable option, because your potequity increases dramaticly.

So you have two ways to improve your non SD Winning.

1. Be a spewbox and doublebarrel a lot without potequity (and weak hands) and hope that your foldequity is good enough to compensate the lack of potequity

2. Be more selective with your preflop hands and select hands that can play postflop with good equity (this is also pretty good in low limit games, because generally your fold equity is quite low -> people love to call down their hands even if its likley they are behind)

=> Raising hands that can flop great equity postflop will give you more chances to stay aggressive and will increase your non sd winnings.

The next thing is proper valuebetting. I know some players that play NL50 - Nl200 and all of them have a common problem. They are not valuebetting BIG enough and they are not valuebetting thin enough.

1. I see ppl checking behind strong hands and just getting 2 streets of postflopvalue although they cold get 3 streets

2. I see ppl C/C a lot (with the intention to "catch bluffs") although most players at these limits arent even aggressive enough to bluff

You want to be the player that valuebets them, you dont want them to valuebet you.
    • deziray
      deziray
      Bronze
      Original von Ghostmaster
      Your preflop dandselesction doesn't harmonize with your postflop handselection.

short example:

You raise A6o in the CO, BU and SB folds BB calls and the flop ist Ts5h2d. You cbet, BB calls and the turn is 9h.

You have two ways to follow on the with the hand

1. you are a spewbox and doublebarrel because your hand will rarely win at showdown

2. you give up and in most cases BB bets the river and wins the pot uncontested

Way 2 ist the usual way to play these hands.

So now image image you have Ah6h. Suddenly doublebarreling the turn becomes more of a profitable option, because your potequity increases dramaticly.

So you have two ways to improve your non SD Winning.

1. Be a spewbox and doublebarrel a lot without potequity (and weak hands) and hope that your foldequity is good enough to compensate the lack of potequity

2. Be more selective with your preflop hands and select hands that can play postflop with good equity (this is also pretty good in low limit games, because generally your fold equity is quite low -> people love to call down their hands even if its likley they are behind)

=> Raising hands that can flop great equity postflop will give you more chances to stay aggressive and will increase your non sd winnings.

The next thing is proper valuebetting. I know some players that play NL50 - Nl200 and all of them have a common problem. They are not valuebetting BIG enough and they are not valuebetting thin enough.

1. I see ppl checking behind strong hands and just getting 2 streets of postflopvalue although they cold get 3 streets

2. I see ppl C/C a lot (with the intention to "catch bluffs") although most players at these limits arent even aggressive enough to bluff

You want to be the player that valuebets them, you dont want them to valuebet you.
      nice post. this is really a common problem which might be underestimated a looooot. thanks