face the ace

• 22 Antworten
    • YoungBuck311
      ich find den moderator richtig genial, nicht son schwan****scher ala Markus Lanz, etc.

Die Sendung ist trotzdem scheiße. Werd ich mir wohl keine 2. Folge antun
    • aaa11111
      cliffnotes any1
    • Krylle
      Da gibts 'nen guten 2+2post zu..ich such mal

wow, this thread is just full of total idiots

Going for the million is totally reasonable, it's just suuuuuch a +EV proposition. Maybe if it were 200k --> 600k it would be worth forgoing the EV, but 200k --> 1mil is just way too much of a jump to pass up.

Has anyone considered that maybe the producers of the show set up the order of the matches to be televised so that the pros lose the first couple of matches? There's no reason to believe that those two guys were actually the first two guys to be taped, they probably just didn't want to show a bunch of schmos getting soulcrushed to start off the run of the show. I find it crazy that the fact that the pros lost a couple of matches is a negative to some people ITT. I guess it's not surprising that there are fanboys in the Televised Poker forum though.

They're clearly not showing all the hands, it's a heavily edited show. The first guy didn't actually get AA and QQ in the first 4 hands, their match wasn't ACTUALLY over in 6 hands or whatever, that's just the editing.

The fat guy making jokes about the other guy being fat was awesome. He's allowed to make jokes at the other guy's expense because he knows he's even fatter. Maybe he dragged that angle out a little too far, but I thought his jokes got better and better as the show went on anyway.

I'm pretty sure that there's no way that the contestants on this show leave with NOTHING if they lose. They're still getting some kind of appearance fee, probably like $10k. I could be wrong about this.

If you're trying to watch this show to learn how to play better hu NLHE or something, you're going in with the wrong attitude. If you're trying to watch world-class players playing their absolute A-games, you're going in with the wrong attitude. This is a show about seeing outclassed average joes being as nervous as can be, playing on TV against a player they view to be world-class. There's also plenty of entertainment to be had from watching the "I'm getting paid for this, right?" look on Phil Ivey's face. The fat guy's jokes were moderately funny at times, the pros had some witty answers for the ingame interviews.

It's not HSP, it's not PAD, but it's not SUPPOSED to be. There's room for all different types of poker programming on TV, and personally, I was more entertained watching this show than most weeks of PAD.

One complaint....Stopping the action and bringing out Ali Nejad to narrate the situation each time there's an all-in is pretty redundant and boring. Although my roommate and I did get a good laugh out of joking that Ali is probably just off-stage throwing back beers in between appearances. We kept waiting for him to come onstage looking surprised and disheveled, didn't happen though. Can only hope it does happen at some point in the future
    • kingVoklee
      Der Moderator hat in Sopranos mitgespielt, also stfu wer was gegen den sagt :f_biggrin:
    • BobbyCooper1
      Der Moderator ist mit das einzige Highlight der Show ;)

toller typ
    • Krylle
      AHAHA die olle in S2. Die hat Backstage ordentlich Speed geschmissen.
    • NRWfan
      boa wie heftig mich die Alte getiltet hat. kann nich mehr spielen heute. war die ätzend
    • elhasi
      Haha wie sie reinkommt und gleich mal ein nerdiges "OMG" von sich gibt
    • Pris0n
      wtf geht mit der alten?

der andere hat find ich irgendwie mies gespielt
      er hätte weiterhin prf raisen sollen

€: :heart: :heart: Der Moderator: "Die Kandidaten können zwischen Redbull und nem Cappuchino wählen. Sie hat beides genommen"
    • eingezingelt
      Wie Gus mit den Augen rollt, als er sagt, dass er immer eine Hand hat, wenn er Preflop raist, ist auch Gold wert! :D
      Einfach sympathisch der Däne, was bei der anderen Ollen als Gegnerin wohl nicht so einfach war :D
    • tone
      bobby baccala ftw
    • Neoshan
      als ich das hier gelesen hab, musste ichs mir bei youtube auch anschauen, die ersten 2 folgen hab ich geschafft.

was für eine qual.

absolut sinnfreie sendung, ich muss erstmal mein blitzdings rausholen, um das nichtwissen loszuwerden :D

die stars mal bissl lockerer zu sehen ist schon ganz nett, aber alles wirkt irgendwie krampfhaft und vorhersehbar. und sie versuchen vergeblich spannung aufzubauen -.-
    • Maddyhh
      also so nebenbei hat mich die show schon unterhalten werd mir mehr davon ansehen
    • Toerke79
    • kingofcards123
      wo leuft das auf rtl nach mitten im leben?
    • SeneX
      finds echt mies,hab das mit der Frau gar nimma gesehen,hab direkt nach Toppels FAIL mit der Sendung abgeschlossen,einfach nur totaaaal langweilig.
    • Kriskator
      ist die sendung schon abgesetzt?
    • Krylle
      Alter, der Typ in der aktuellen Folge :spade:
    • Cyberzonk
      sehr sympatischer kerl ... und das neue Feature "Studiopublikum stellt sich beim AI um den Tisch" ist ja nur peinlich... Sendung sollte abgesetzt werden