Cereus wurde gehackt !!!

• hatakiri
      hatakiri
      Bronze
      di in denn PS.de news nichts steht

Original Daniel Negreanu
      Quelle: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php?subaction=showfull&id=1274722780&archive=

[b]POKER NEWS: Catching up on some poker news I came across something that, while not shocking, just makes me go hmmmm.... The Cereus Network, or UB/Absolute got hacked again! Just boggles my mind that anyone would want to support that company after what's happened, but man, you'd think they'd actually focus intently on their security since they'd be under a microscope. Apparently, from what I've heard, in order to crack their software all you needed to have was a Windows calculator! That's unreal.
      About 10 years ago when the company was created I walked away from them because of Russ Hamilton's involvement. He had a checkered past, and wasn't trust worthy at all. I wanted no part of it and walked away, never having done a deal with them ever.

This company is just a bad apple in our poker community and I couldn't imagine supporting them in any way. I said this 10 years ago, and since then I've only been proven correct by the huge scandal, and then again recently when they were aware of the security hole, but chose to keep the site up and running. If you know your software can be easily hacked, isn't that the precise moment where you shut down for maintenance and fix the issue?
      There may be new ownership trying to "right the ship" but how is anyone to know who's been let go from the company and who's still there from the days of the scandal?
      Feels like one of those fool me once shame on you, fool me twice same on me situations. I realize that there are loads of players who wear their patches and endorse the site, but I just haven't heard any of them explain to me how they justify that endorsement in light of what happened in the past, and then what's just happened recently? Are you really OK with how this recent issue was handled?

I listened to The Poker Beat where Scott Huff said that we should talk about this stuff, and I commend him for doing so on his show. I always listen to that show, it's really good. So, as I was listening, I decided he was right. I shouldn't ignore it, I should share my thoughts on it regardless of the flack I'd receive. Being a PokerStars Team Pro obviously puts me in an awkward situation when it comes to talking about the competition, and you can obviously make the case that I have vested interest. Point taken.
      Having said that, I've always been one to speak my mind and I've always spoken out against UB and my track record proves that. Long before I had any sponsorship deals, long before poker was big time, I outed the fact that UB lied to the WPT about the prize pool guarantee for their Aruba event. I never, ever attended the Aruba event despite it being on the WPT, and I could never bring myself to support them in any way.

I've spoken to, and only heard great things about their new guy Paul Leggatt, but this is a pretty big deal in my book. Dude, if you knew about this security issue, why, why, oh why didn't you shut the site down immediately to fix it? I thought about that overnight, and couldn't think of even one good reason not to shut it down until the site was secured. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't imagine what that would be.
  • 1 Antwort