close plz

• JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      Phzon you undoubtely have a very deep understanding of SNG and MTT Theory, and you also have a very nice and clear way of making your points.

I just find it strange that people were flaming Jonathan Little a few months ago for misapplying the Nash HU chart in several instances and now praise the golden rule.

This 'Rule' is just a rule of thumb and therefore might minimize mistakes, but does not help to find optimal ranges, let alone foster a true understanding of why Ranges change the way they do (ok you do show some parameters that influence shoving/calling ranges, I admit).

It might help people to meorize ranges more quickly in the beginning but thats all.

Or am I totally missing your point? ?(
  • 5 Antworten
    • CBFunk
      CBFunk
      Bronze
      Hi Jay,

there is already one thread to the Golden Rule video in the English forum:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=88729

But I will forward your thread to Douglas and he will answer asap.

Best regards,

Clemens
    • JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      ah havent found that thread in will post it there so you can close this thread here.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Original von JayGatsby
      Phzon you undoubtely have a very deep understanding of SNG and MTT Theory, and you also have a very nice and clear way of making your points.
      Danke.

This 'Rule' is just a rule of thumb and therefore might minimize mistakes, but does not help to find optimal ranges, let alone foster a true understanding of why Ranges change the way they do (ok you do show some parameters that influence shoving/calling ranges, I admit).

It might help people to meorize ranges more quickly in the beginning but thats all.

Or am I totally missing your point? ?(
      The Golden Rule is just a rule of thumb, and you are right that there is much more to finding optimally exploitive ranges, which depend on your reads on your opponents. The Golden Rule doesn't even tell you the Nash equilibrium strategy, since it just tells you to push at least as widely as you would HU when you aren't covered by a lot. Sometimes the Nash equilibrium is much wider than that even with equal stacks.

If the Golden Rule helps you to minimize your mistakes, that is very valuable! I believe the Golden Rule should help many beginners avoid gross mistakes by referring to the chart, and the HU chart is more detailed and more accurate than the SB columns of more general charts. In my experience, many solid winning players improve further by using the Golden Rule. Some of my students came to me after getting a star from the Sharkscope leader boards, and they still missed Golden Rule shoves, particularly for more than 10 bb. Since their opponents were calling tighter than the Nash equilibrium calling ranges in most situations, they were missing some profitable pushes.

There is more to blind-versus-blind play. However, a good exercise for many players is to make sure not to miss any Golden Rule pushes in a session by accident. Only fold a hand which is a Golden Rule push if you have a clear reason to override this useful heuristic.
    • JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      hey mods ich denke ich schreibe im andern thread weiter.

beim vid ist halt kein feedbackthread verlinkt, deshalb hatte ich hier gepostet.
    • CBFunk
      CBFunk
      Bronze
      Original von JayGatsby
      hey mods ich denke ich schreibe im andern thread weiter.

beim vid ist halt kein feedbackthread verlinkt, deshalb hatte ich hier gepostet.
      kein Problem

closed