Holy Grail of Poker

• 7 Antworten
    • ayatolla
      ayatolla
      Bronze
      Da soll man training von nem Bot bekommen, oder wie ist das?

Ist bestimmt suuuuper!
    • TurboMaN
      TurboMaN
      Bronze
      1 Jahres Lizenz für $100 lol
      Nimm dir nen Coach das bringt wesentlich mehr also so ein Programm.

Seriously so ein Tool kann dir doch nicht beibringen wie man Winning Player wird.
    • rawman81
      rawman81
      Bronze
      aber vielleicht bringt es einem bei zu spielen wie ein bot.
    • Kilania
      Kilania
      Bronze
      Original von TurboMaN
      1 Jahres Lizenz für $100 lol
      Nimm dir nen Coach das bringt wesentlich mehr also so ein Programm.

Seriously so ein Tool kann dir doch nicht beibringen wie man Winning Player wird.
      Ich kenne dieses "Tool" zwar nicht, allerdings kann ich Turboman wohl ohne schlechtes Gewissen zustimmen... :)

Zudem:
      Wenn ich das Vid richtig auffasse:
      Dieser "tolle Trainer" geht bei nem 66J Board davon aus, dass Villain (CO raiser) zu 49% two pair hält... :f_biggrin:
    • pokerholygrail
      pokerholygrail
      Bronze
      I'm one of the developers. I speak French and English, but unfortunately not German. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Regarding one of the previous posts. I'm not sure I read it correctly (based on google translate). However, the software tells you the expected value of each decision and what you should believe your opponent has based on his statistics and the action in the hand. (For example, in the demo video the AI believes there's a 42% chance your opponent holds two pair after raising and continuation betting on a board of 77J and that you should fold your 52 to the continuation bet.) Then after incorrectly calling and your opponent checks the turn, you should bet bluff.
    • ayatolla
      ayatolla
      Bronze
      Well, the problem is, that we cant beliefe that one should play like a bot, and thats basicly what your tool tells us to do.

Lets take the Video. It says you should fold 53o (or whatever it ist) 100% of the time.
      But since we dont see any stats CO might be opening very light and fold way to much to a three bet. Plus he might be an awful postflop player and we might be able to steal the pot very frequently.
      But all of that is not taken into consideration by your tool.

Another example is the postflop Situation. It says we should either fold on the Flop or raise the flop. But if we realy decide to rep trips, we might wanna call the flop and bluff a later street since that is what most people do with trips. However that is not even taken into consideration.

And that is just what I cand find from a 5min video.

I'm sure, one could make some money and improve ones game but, as the other players already said, I beliefe one should spend those 100$ a year on a private Coach instead of a tool (which will btw. be prohibited to use while playing somewhat soo, i guess)
    • pokerholygrail
      pokerholygrail
      Bronze
      Original von ayatolla
      Lets take the Video. It says you should fold 53o (or whatever it ist) 100% of the time.
      But since we dont see any stats CO might be opening very light and fold way to much to a three bet. Plus he might be an awful postflop player and we might be able to steal the pot very frequently.
      But all of that is not taken into consideration by your tool.
      The program does take into account the play of the CO in this situation if it has enough hands (i.e., depending upon the CO's stats it will reraise and call with more hands).
      The program certainly is not perfect and for a single hand it does not tell you everything you can learn from it. It is in beta and certainly can be enhanced a lot. We do stand behind the advice that one should fold 52o 100% of the time to a cutoff raise, despite the fact that one can certainly imagine a CO raiser that folds to a 3 bet enough such that this play would be profitable for a single hand. My friends who are professional poker players fold 100% of the time w/ 52o to a CO raise, and we strongly recommend that most people learning the game fold such a hand 100%.

Another example is the postflop Situation. It says we should either fold on the Flop or raise the flop. But if we realy decide to rep trips, we might wanna call the flop and bluff a later street since that is what most people do with trips. However that is not even taken into consideration.
      You make a good point about representing trips in that particular hand, and the program would suggest representing trips as you suggest (by calling) some of the time with hands that have some possibility of improving.

I'm sure, one could make some money and improve ones game but, as the other players already said, I beliefe one should spend those 100$ a year on a private Coach instead of a tool
      Poker coaching is terrific, and we would recommend it for people who can afford it (irrespective of whether they are customers or not). However, $100 to $200 can be expensive for some people for a single hour of help. Some would rather have a program analyze all the hands they have ever played and quantify all their improvement opportunities and watch all of their play, telling them when they make a mistake after every hand. For some people, they find that to be of value.

(which will btw. be prohibited to use while playing somewhat soo, i guess)
      The program was developed to be allowed by all poker sites. Poker Stars has placed it on their formal list of software approved for use during play.
      http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/
      It does not give you real time advice -- it gives advice shortly after you've completed a hand (based on reading the hand history).