(JJ)5 Stud Hi/Lo 1$/2$

• Urbi23
      Urbi23
      Bronze
      Hello from Polish Community :)

English please if not a problem :)

Poker Stars $1/$2 Limit Stud Hi/Lo $0.10 Ante - 6 players - View hand 1110313
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

3rd Street: (0.6 SB)
      Hero: J :heart: J :club: 5 :spade: ___Hero completes
      Seat 2: xx xx 5 :club: ____Seat 2 folds
      Seat 4: xx xx 8 :spade: ____Seat 4 folds
      Seat 5: xx xx T :spade: ____Seat 5 folds
      Seat 6: xx xx 8 :diamond: ____Seat 6 calls
      Seat 8: xx xx 3 :club: ____Seat 8 brings in for $0.50____Seat 8 calls

4th Street: (3.6 SB) (3 players)
      Hero: J :heart: J :club: 5 :spade: 7 :club: ___Hero bets
      Seat 6: xx xx 8 :diamond: 4 :diamond: ____Seat 6 calls
      Seat 8: xx xx 3 :club: 3 :diamond: ____Seat 8 checks____Seat 8 folds

5th Street: (2.8 BB) (2 players)
      Hero: J :heart: J :club: 5 :spade: 7 :club: A :heart: ___Hero checks___Hero calls
      Seat 6: xx xx 8 :diamond: 4 :diamond: 7 :diamond: ____Seat 6 bets

6th Street: (4.8 BB) (2 players)
      Hero: J :heart: J :club: 5 :spade: 7 :club: A :heart: 2 :heart: ___Hero calls
      Seat 6: xx xx 8 :diamond: 4 :diamond: 7 :diamond: 4 :club: ____Seat 6 bets

7th Street: (6.8 BB) (2 players)
      Hero: J :heart: J :club: 5 :spade: 7 :club: A :heart: 2 :heart: 9 :spade: ___Hero calls
      Seat 6: xx xx 8 :diamond: 4 :diamond: 7 :diamond: 4 :club: xx____Seat 6 bets

Final Pot: 8.8 BB
      Hero mucks J :heart: J :club: 5 :spade: 7 :club: A :heart: 2 :heart: 9 :spade:
      Seat 6 shows 8 :heart: 5 :diamond: 8 :diamond: 4 :diamond: 7 :diamond: 4 :club: A :spade: (HI: two pair, Eights and Fours; LO: 8,7,5,4,A)
      Seat 6 wins 4.225 BB
      Seat 6 wins 4.2 BB
      (Rake: $0.75)

Equity (left side with known card, right side with unknown hole card) :

dead cards: T:s8:s5:c3

J:hJ:c5 54.91% 53.71%
      8:h5:d8 45.09% 46.29%

dead cards: T:s8:s5:c3:c3

J:hJ:c5:s7 49.05% 48.27%
      8:h5:d8:d4 50.95% 51.73%

J:hJ:c5:s7:cA 29.25% 37.39%
      8:h5:d8:d4:d7 70.75% 62.61%

J:hJ:c5:s7:cA:h2 28.97% 31.36%
      8:h5:d8:d4:d7:d4 71.03% 68.64%

5th : I didn't believed in his flush + his 8 open gives me little chcance to have a better lo hand
      6th : nice lo card, only 1BB seems enough to call
      7th : I don't really like my call

I complete JJ5 so I'll play with less opponents, there is no open Ace (I was rather stealing, than value betting that hand)

Bet 4th representing good lo draw with intention to bet 5th on good card for me or bad hand for opponent.
  • 4 Antworten
    • PnG1
      PnG1
      Bronze
      i just started learning stud hi/lo but i think, 5th street is a clear fold! villain hit one of the best cards for him and u dont have a real low draw...and u dont know if JJ is good for hi!
      villain is drawing to a low hand and most of the time also for the best hi hand!
      his hand has good potential to scoop the pot and yours not!!

u can add me in skype if u want and we can do some session reviews or some like that :)
    • Lausbub7
      Lausbub7
      Bronze
      5th street is a fold. i would not play these type of hands from EP if I was a beginner.
    • HippieMakesPeePee
      HippieMakesPeePee
      Bronze
      hey,
      as moggi already said u should fold these type of hands from EP if u are a beginner. there is actually some equity in playing this hand in the given spot.

the fact that there are no overcards out there, especially no Ace improves your handvalue. other doorcards are paired, which is also in your favor cause now it's less likely someone has a pair/trips and if it's at least less likely s.o. will make two pair/trips.
      your pair is hidden! another incident for the benifit of you. now u can pretend to go for a lo hand while going for the high side of the pot. that leaves u more flexibility/playablity in future streets.

however, playing these type of hands requires a good feel for the game and your opponents. its very important to get away from these hands on later streets if the hand/board develops to your disadvantage. the actuality you continued playing your hand in a spot(and its not even a close one) where you shouldve folded your hand intutively, should prevent you from playing these type of hands in near future. otherwhiles you will be burning money.

other important facts u should consider before playing a hand like this are the antestucture, how loose is the game atm?, your position, is it likely to get the hand headsup? ( you really dont want multiway action!).

in general you should almost always fold to low-str8flush-board on 5th street unless the pot is very large and you have a very good lowhand thats likely to be the best at 7th-street or you have a very good highhand like a set, eventually a good 2pair, if its likely your opponent started with a big pair in the pocket.

5th : I didn't believed in his flush + his 8 open gives me little chance to have a better lo hand

notice that there are no other dead diamonds at 3rd street. this increases the chance of a 3-threeflush! the fact he didnt raise 4th, might be an idication that he is not drawing to a flush already, but 1. at these lostakes people tend to play there draws more passively and 2. he probably dont want to kick the third player with this type of hand.

this game is called 8-o r-better! you wont qualify for low, with 5-card-hand including a 9 or higher! there is absoluty no chance that you will have a better low- hand, ever.
      in the rare occurrence you might have a better "backdoorlowdraw", your opponent will have made his flush already or he`ll have a higher pair than you do.

one note to your simulations: a simulation vs his actual hand is none too meaningful! you should always consider proper handranges in your calculations.
      i can`t get the hang of your data with unknown holecards ?(
    • HippieMakesPeePee
      HippieMakesPeePee
      Bronze
      ... and hide the results next time plz ! :)